I had a good talk with one of my best friends this morning. She's known me since I was about 5 years old and if anyone knows about the inner workings of my brain and heart, it's most definitly her. She can tell when I'm sailing through life or just inching through it, praying to get by. It was really refreshing to hear about her summer. Sometimes I feel so caught up in the performance aspect of my life that sometimes I dont stop and think about how big the world really is. Dont get me wrong, I love love love where my life is right now... But My friend goes to Africa and to Poland and the kids she talks to there arent focused on what part they're gonna get next semester or the dress they're wearing to next weeks party--those kids are thinking about where they're next meal is coming from, and where they're going to sleep tonight. And so, in listening to her talk about her summer, realization hits me; my goal in life is to be able to stand on a stage and entertain people, to make them forget their hardships, the things they struggle with, and make them smile and care and feel for a particular story--and in a way, my friend's purpose is that same. She however doesnt need approval by an audition or a cast list, she gets it from someplace higher.
Many the miles ;)
meg
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment