Saturday, January 12, 2008

Regionalism...

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Got to hang out with some friends I hadn't seen since December, so that was nice.

Anyway--I am very extremely happy right now because....I have almost completely gotten rid of my regionalism! (at least, I know how to turn it off when I'm performing--I'm still going to talk like normal when I'm just talking with people, but on stage? I know how to make it stop!) I worked with one of my director-friends from UofL this past December and my voice teacher/acting coach and they explained it to me in terms of singing...so I was doing my monologues yesterday for some friends and they confirmed it...I dont sound like a country hick anymore! lol
I was very thrilled--considering that's something that was brought to my attention last semester and frustrated me to no end. So today, I babysit and tommorow see "Phantom of the Opera" on tour in Louisville with my family. Anyway, I think I'm actually pretty excited about auditions on Monday. Which is a first. I guess hearing about how freaked out a lot of other people are about their shakesphere monologue makes me feel better about being freaked out about mine. Make sense? eh-probably not.

But anyway, so not much exciting happening here, a lot of people aren't back yet, apparently a lot of people are going to move back later today or tommorow, so we'll see!
-meg

No comments: