
"Pride complicates a situation, humility will simplify it." -sara groves
I found my FAVORITE cd at the bottom of my car today...it's an interview cd. I know, I know...how embarressing. But it's an interview cd of one of my favorite songwriters, Sara Groves. Her music is honest and simple and about very real things. I remember being a senior in high school and popping that cd in my stereo and driving home from school and it calming me down and putting things in perspective.
Anyway--the quote. Sara writes a song called "Roll to the Middle" about resolution and conflict. I adore it, even though I can't relate to it because it's more so about her husband and her...BUT in the interview, she discusses her songs and why she writes them
She also has a song called "What I Thought I Wanted". I don't know about you...but if I got everything I wanted...that would be a pretty ridiculous life. That, is what I think is the hardest thing...knowing that things happen for a reason and that you might not get what you want...you'll probably look back and realize that that wasn't what you wanted. I always tell the story about how I wanted a show, or bible college, or etc etc etc. But God has a bigger idea than just what I THOUGHT i wanted...and I think it's turned out pretty well :)
many the miles ;)
meg

No comments:
Post a Comment