
I hear voices.
Ok, PSYCH. Not really.
But I feel the need to post a blog about how God can speak to us. *Just a warning: I'm going to get spiritual in this blog- ok you've been warned*
When I was younger, I used to read that God would speak to people in different ways, but most of those people were Abraham and Moses and lets just face it...are we those people? nope. But a few years ago, I started to hear what I think is God's voice. I was at a day retreat called OceanStar....there's much more to my story that comes with this book but lets leave that out of this shall we?
Anyway, the host of this retreat let us all split into little groups and share our hearts with each other..now, at this time, I was a counseling major at Boyce Bible College...and while I was surrounded by good people who were kind and comforting and wonderful...I was so beyond not happy. I just felt..out of place, like I wasn't supposed to be there. This overwhelming feeling kept me up at nights and made me sad and sparked many a conversation with meaghan rampley. ANYWAYs...at this retreat, I began to share that I was counseling major, that I believed God wanted to use me to help teenagers who struggle in various ways and then I casually mentioned that "oh yea, I do theatre and I sing".
I know this may sound weird but one of the women from the little group came up to me took my hand at the end of the retreat and said, "you know..I feel like God wants me to tell you that you're going to do something with this theatre thing."
"But...but I'm a counseling major, that's what I'm supposed to do!"
"yes I know. But I just feel that there's another way"
Now, I didn't base everything I did, leaving Bible College and such off this one incident (there were MANY many more that suggested that I had not heard God correctly and pushed His will out of the way because I was scared of the unknown). But still, I believe that God can speak to someone through another person, through intuition, or just in simple ways throughout our day.
Just wanted to share.
many the miles ;)
meg

No comments:
Post a Comment