Sunday, November 22, 2009

blue like jazz


So, many things have happened since my last post, what a bad blogger I've been!
In light of recent events, I have to say that God really does work for the good. And the best part of that is I have experienced this in my own life (and just in the past 3 weeks alone) countless times. And as much as different things are difficult right now, I know He's got my back. I've been told by countless wise people within the last few weeks (and in my life) that we don't really know our capacity for handling things til we are handling them. God says he won't give us more than we can handle, and I used to believe that was slightly crap but it seems more and more evident that that is precisely true.

But anyway--so "Home for Christmas" opens in 6 days. SIX. days. It really has flown by and tommorow we add mics!

I've been recently reading "blue like jazz" by one of my favorite authors Donald Miller. Liberal, God-loving, democratic donald miller. I know anyone in that bubble of a life in louisville would positively faint at some of the things he says. He has a way of writing where it feels as if he's sitting across the table from you at starbucks. He so often reminds me that things, people, are not always what they seem (in a good way).

Til next time,
many the miles,
megan

No comments: