Friday, August 14, 2009

Rare Gem


Good good day. After a morning at the gym (now I'm lifting 70 lbs in the weight room thank you very much!) I hung out with Sara all day. We watched "Red Eye" (scary) and "High School Musical 3" haha and loved it, can you believe it?

Life is a funny funny thing. I was thinking about that on my drive home with my new regina spektor cd blaring (thank you sara for some free music!), I got to thinking, things really are meant to be. Who would have thought that little blonde girl I met in the 5th grade would turn out to be one of my best friends for the next 11 years? Sara is one of those rare friends of mine that I can literally be away from for 6 months, come back, plop on her couch for a few hours and it's as if we've never been apart. And that's a rare gem in my world. And basically we can discuss anything (which we discovered today lol). It's nice to have friends who never judge, never condemn, who remember your 6th grade middle school schedule and that time in 8th grade when you fell in the middle of the hallway....and the time your parents got divorced or that time you had your heart broken. I never have to revisit a single story, and that's nice. So...lesson of the day/thought for anyone who reads this (if anyone), call your oldest dearest friend and thank them for being that constant presence in your life. :)

many the miles--and only a week til I go back to school!
meg

No comments: