
Ok, venting time.
When you grow up, things change. Opinions change, outlooks on things, beliefs etc. My first semester of college I went to Bible college. When I got there I realized that it wasn't for me and wasn't where I was supposed to be. In the last 3 years, a lot of people's way of life have changed--I watch my classmates get married, have kids, switch majors...because that's how life is...things change. The biggest frustration for me has always been people. Not all people, but people who just dont seem to get change. And feel that it is their business to point this out. I still go to church, I still have faith, I may go out with friends and have a drink b/c it's legal but in no way does that give someone the right to judge. God knows hearts, people don't. When I was in high school, being judgemental was an everyday way of life. I cringe when I remember the comments I made about people in my school, and to be honest I was one of the crazy religious people who forgot to love people. So sometimes when I get facebook posts/messages that have hints of judgement from people or references to that "good little sweet christian girl", it really gets under my skin. B/c you know what? that high schooler who walked around condemning everyone was so unhappy and only liked her life b/c it was "perfect"--life isnt perfect, things arent perfect, and people aren't perfect. This is what I know now.
I'm a liberal, theatre student, 21 year old...that goes to church. And I love people for exactly how they are. And ya know what? I'm fine with that.
many the miles.
meg :)

No comments:
Post a Comment