So...this past week was lazy and fun--we only had 3 days of school so it flew by super-fast!
We did 2 full runs of "Angels" --they seemed to go pretty well...I cant believe we open in a week!
Anyway--so...I figure I'm going to just direct everyone to Facebook to read my note about my very "special" Friday night. Needless to say, I will never ever ever take one of my roommates anywhere EVER again. All I'm gonna say on this blog is....2 HOURS. 2 HOURS.
But Saturday made up for the sucky Friday. Saturday I pretty much stayed in my pjs til 2 pm....which was wonderful b/c I cannot remember the last time I did that! Trent came by my apartment and asked if I wanted to help him find a costume for the costume/Halloween party he was going to that night. We ended up going to the Florence mall...buying clothes that were not part of the costume but oh well...it was fun. We went to Charlotte Russe and I got 2 very cute tops...yay for shopping. After that, we had the urge to go to Barnes and Nobles and check out the theatre section like good little theatre majors...and speak in our best cockney british accents the whole time....anyway, so we decided that since that Barnes and Nobles had pretty much nothing, we really wanted to go to the Newport B & N on the Levy...and we did. It is 2 stories and has everything! It was amazing! Trent got a bunch of new movies and I browsed around like a happy kid. Then we went to Michaels and Hobby Lobby...where Trent got his costume to be...SUPER QUEER. He had pink tights, tutu, flowery headband...it was pretty hilarious. I definitly had a video and 2 pics to put up. Then we had dinner at Panera (YUM) and went back to campus.
My friend Chris who does drag invited me to go with him to a club to support one of our other friends (with another one of our friends too) and so I showered and got ready for that. Our friend from Acting1 (Drew) was making his drag queen debut performance and we went to watch the show--which was by far one of the funniest things I have ever seen! Chris was in his outfit, and he kept flipping his hair--it was great! The hostess of the night kept picking on this poor straight guy in front of us with his girlfriend...Matilda. I seriously thought she was gonna cry at one point lol Drew was fabulous and we had a good time. I think he really liked it that we came...we even saw one of our teachers that came out to support him!--AWKWARD. So yea. Lauren and I stuck by Chris the whole time we were there--I was so nervous that the hostess was going to come over and pick on us b/c we're straight! (she was doing that to all the straight people in the audience). So...fun times!
After that we went by one of the theatre parties only to find that they were all sitting in the dark b/c they thought they heard the cops--so we left quickly (considering we had been there for 2 minutes we were not about to stick around to find out if the cops were actually around!). Eventually we went back to campus and I went to sleep.
So yea. I had a blast.
Today is completely devoted to "Angels"--I am completely memorized and everything (for about a week now!), but I'm looking over the notes we got on Thursday and really re-working the stuff I got notes on. I want to do really well in this---it's my first thing at NKU, and I am so happy I get to play this part. So anyway....aside from "Angels", I think I'm getting a little sick. Not gonna lie, I'm not feeling the greatest, but I know what to do--i have to not drink any tea right now--which is HARD b/c that's all I have right now! But I cannot get sick this close to the show's run, so I'm saying NO to one of my favorite things in the world...tea.
We have tech tonight! YAY!
-Megan
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment