Wednesday, January 27, 2010

news.


SO...one of my roommates has started a blog.
Let the blog war begin.

Anyway, I have major news.
If you know me at all (and hopefully if you actually read this blog you do), that I usually have something wrong with my car. It's a "meganism" as my sister would call it. For the past year, if I for some reason didn't drive my car after 4 or 5 days...I would come out to my car to find the car battery completely drained. COMPLETELY drained. So, I've made friends with NKU parking services and they usually come out and jump it. So the other day I took my car (Sally Sue Saturn to anyone who doesn't know) to Pep Boys and I casually mentioned that sometimes the battery drains...and....they FIXED it. Turns out, it was the automatic locks in my car that were broken, causing the battery to drain. How stupid. Funny, but stupid. So today, after having not driven my car since Saturday...I go out to my car....AND IT TURNS ON. Small victories my friends, small victories.

Something hit me today. (and no, I don't mean my roommate when she started an all-out war/pillowfight) It seems simple and whathaveyou but in my business of theatre class we were discussing the things we notice about an actor/person when they walk in the door and how other people perceive them. But what's so interesting is that every single person in that room had differing opinions on the people we discussed. While I (and most of my friends) think I look younger (around 16, 17), there were others in the room that think I could play older. It goes to show you that one person may like your work (or just you) and another may not at all (perhaps your look, your personality, or your talent). What a judgemental world we live in.

Rehearsals for TG start soon...meaning I need to start working on my senior project. I'm really excited to tackle a role like this one. Anyway--hope your day finds you well rested and peaceful.

many the miles ;)
meg

No comments: