Sunday, July 05, 2009

vanilla chai.


Ok, so I haven't written in AGES...and by ages I mean about 2 weeks. So we've had about 14 shows, which translates into lots and lots of downtime and hair curling and going out and wine and being on campus and well, you get the idea.
I really didn't think I was going to be nostalgic about this show ending until the last few days (we've had a 5 day break from shows, so I went back to Louisville). And it's been weird not having my good friends close to me or down the street, even though it's only been for a few days!

Anyway, HTA did well at OCTA, I gotta admit, I've never been so nervous in my ENTIRE life as I was before we did our excerpt. I was sweating, it was gross. Beats SETC, auditions at school, everything. Whew. BUT I got in my car that day after everything was over and just completely burst into tears because it was really "over". I surprised myself, I haven't cried over a show since "Sound of Music" my freshmen year, but I did. I cried. I'm sappy, so there. :)

But all in all, this show has been a lot of fun, mainly because of the people in it.

Today, I found myself getting a Vanilla Chai from Heine Brothers and went and browsed 2 different Borders. I noticed something. In the fiction section, almost every book I picked up had something to do on leaving, on getting out. What does that say about us as people? That we're so trapped in our own lives that the only thing we can do is read about leaving our situations? Anyway, it got me thinking. Yesterday, I saw some family at our fourth of july...sometimes it can be a constant reminder of things that are imperfect and hard to explain. I found myself today dwelling on it, on the past, on things I can't change, til I began to dwell on the fact that I cant change it, and it's just imperfect.

many the miles.
meg :)

No comments: