Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thoughts on Idol, Sleep, and Performing.

Sooo the AI Fox Idol thing turned out weird, they liked my voice but i dont think the song showcased everything my voice has to offer. I didnt feel bad at all about it, a lot of people who were really good werent passed to the next round and a lot of people got some heavy-handed, kinda mean criticism thrown at them. So I was happy with what i got.

Anyway--so I did today's show running on 3..count em...THREE hours of sleep. I was physically okay, vocally exhausted. I literally prayed before I went on stage, "god please please please just let it come out and let it come out STRONG" thankfully it did, but I owe that to the man upstairs b/c at one point my throat was so sore. I know all I need is a good night's sleep/only 3 more shows left :( Which makes me sad.

Yesterday I was reminded by a good friend not to let anything get between me and my love for performing/dream. It was the most unexpected phone call but I am so glad that she shared all she did with me, her thoughts on performing, and not letting things get in the way of your dreams. It was exactly what I needed to hear, and it made the show this afternoon mean so much more to me. I just kept thinking, "I love doing this show, I love singing these songs, I love this character, and ya know what? I'm happy" And my friend told me that she hopes that one day I can call her and tell her, "I made it". I literally almost started crying at one point; I'm so sensitive, sometimes an encouraging word makes me all teary-eyed. sometimes I feel that as a student of musical theatre, I can get sidetracked into thinking "I'm not right for blah blah blah" or "I need to change this and this and this about myself in order to achieve this and this and this". It was just a nice reminder that sometimes all I need to ask myself is am I doing what I love and am I happy with it. According to my friend, if the answer to both of those questions are yes, than it's all good.

It's only 8 pm and I want to go to bed RIGHT NOW. We're having a cast party/picnic after the show tommorow here at the house I'm staying at, so I need to clean my room and my bathroom asap.

meg :)

No comments: