Monday, June 30, 2008

Late Night Thoughts.

So it's about 4 in the morning...and I cant get to sleep.
Why is it I get all inspirational and deep at this time of night/day?

So I've been reading some books lately and journaling and such, and I've come to have some pretty radical conclusions.

I realized tonight when listening to an interview with a very well-known broadway performer that as a life goal, as a person and as a performer, I just want to be authentic. For me, I just want to strive for authenticity in my daily life and in my life onstage as a performer. I hope that that comes out in my life, but if not, that's really what I want to aspire to. When I used to be into guitar/nashville/recording, I remember that's something vince the record producer strived to instill in us artists. To be authentic. And it's true, I feel like I can hear authenticity in people's art, in their voice. That's probably why I'm drawn to more acoustic sounds vs loud intense rock bands.

I've been also thinking about the human concept of loving people the way they are. sara groves writes that "lovin a person just the way they are, it's no small thing, it's the whole thing; love and pride cant occupy the same spaces baby, only one sets you free." I feel like my constant struggle is wanting acceptance from people, such as at my old church or friends that i grew up with in accepting the fact that I'm a little different than I used to be, in my career choice and in life, but I oftentimes forget that that swings both ways. I need to love people the way they are as I want people to do for me. People are such beautiful creative and wonderful messes...everyone has a good piece of creativity in their body, something that allows them to give some kind of talent back to the one that created it; whether that be playing an instrument, singing a song, writing etc, it's all there. And what's so wonderful about that is it's all been given for a purpose.

just some thoughts :)
meg

No comments: