god, i haven't written in this thing in so long!
Anyway--so winter break was pretty okay. Kinda boring, I babysat a lot, housesat for about a week, and stuff like that. Tommorow and on Monday I'm gonna work at the JCC for the winter camps. It's been so weird being back for a month, I miss my friends at NKU a lot. Oh well, I'll be back within a week :)
This is definitly a rhetorical question, but have you ever gotten the feeling you've changed so much (for the better in your own opinion--which is really the only one that counts), that you've grown apart from really good friends? I have definitly gotten that feeling over this past month. And I understand it--last year at this time, I had just left Bible College. That's so weird to think about--that was only a year ago. I feel so different from then. Good-different though. I like myself so much more now. I feel so very free. And happy with life. Unafraid to take risks, when in high school that was the very thing that hurt me, in high school and for the first semester in college at Boyce, I lived in a very comfortable bubble. But that made me restless and wishing for something more, and so I left my very comfortable bubble and took a chance. Thank god that that chance turned out to be something wonderful. Sometimes I really think about that. What if I had stayed at Boyce, even though that was so obviously not where I was supposed to be? That thought, wondering what my life would be, makes me happy I chose to do what I did; to go study theatre away from Louisville. Anyway--back to the change thing. Over this past month, I've realized just how much I've changed. Sometimes friends grow apart--I've begun to accept that people you're friends with for years sometimes grow apart. But yea. For the longest time, I used to be so caught up in what people thought of me--how I lived my life, things I said, who I was...and I realize now that that doesn't matter. Those people dont live my life. They aren't me. So...just a thought...back to my Gilmore Girls Season 7 with Wild Sweet Orange Hot Tea...it's really cold outside, and I want nothing more than to get out my big afghan blanket and listen to Sara Bareilles' cd and read some of the plays I've gotten for christmas upstairs in my room. Some might say that doing that on a Thursday night over Christmas break is boring, but ya know what? It's perfectly fine with me :)
Wild and crazy huh? lol
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment